For this recipe you need a dehydrator, or you could make it in the oven at the lowest setting with the door open
This also makes a great snack or a topping for ice-cream.
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 cups flaked, raw oats
- 2 cups fresh fruit of your choice chopped in small pieces e.g grapes, strawberries, cherries, pineapple, mango, paw paw, apple
- 1/2 cup agave nectar or maple syrup or sweetener of your choice
- Place walnuts and almonds in food processor. Pulse until coarsely ground. Remove to bowl.
- Stir oats into nut mixture.
- Mix together fruit and agave.
- Stir into nut mixture.
- Place on teflex sheets. Dehydrate at 145 for 45 minutes (Don’t worry, it is still raw. The food temp never goes above 115), reduce heat to 115 and dehydrate for 5-6 more hours. Allow to cool and store in airtight jars.