This recipe was given to me by my friend Linda as a cooked salad. I have adapted it to be mainly raw. It is very tasty and easy to prepare. The curry leaves give it a unique flavour. If you live in the sub-tropics you might like to grow a curry leaf tree as they propagate easily from seed. They are a beautiful small tree with edible black berries. Hope you enjoy it!
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp black mustard seeds
- 8 fresh curry leaves (or use more if you really like the taste)
- 1/2 small onion finely chopped
- 1/2 long green chilli
- 300g carrots grated
- 1 tbsp sultanas
- Put coconut and sultanas in bowl and cover with cold water for 10 minutes then drain
- Heat oil and fry mustard seed until they crackle (about one minute) and then add curry leaves, onions and chillies.
- Cook for five minutes stirring often.
- You may choose to leave the onions raw for better nutritional value
- Remove from heat and allow to cool
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl
By refraining from eating animals and their products you have contributed to the health of the planet, its people and its animals. It is one of the most noble acts you can carry out on this planet and you will reap the rewards in good health and a higher vibration.